Engaging in a car crash is a traumatic experience in and of itself but having to live out the remainder of your life with permanent scarring that was caused by the collision can only make getting past it more difficult. For many, permanent scarring serves as a reminder to them each and every day of the horrific wreck they were involved in and while many are likely to be grateful for having survived the accident, others may find themselves dealing with PTSD or other types of mental illnesses.
If you suffered permanent scarring as a result of a car accident you engaged in and are looking to recover compensation for your losses, Ballard Law, PLLC would be more than happy to assess your case and determine how much your injuries permit you to collect. You can contact our office now to schedule an initial consultation with Madison, MS car accident lawyer William E. Ballard who can answer your questions and address any concerns you might have.
How much am I entitled to recover for permanent scarring that was caused by an auto wreck?
The only way to truly determine what your injuries are worth is by sitting down with a qualified car accident attorney who can use the details surrounding the incident along with the injuries you suffered to derive at a fair amount. The fact is, while some individuals are able to accept the scars they sustained, others have a much more difficult time doing so, especially when they appear on parts of the body that are most often exposed. For example, having a scar on your face, which is “a vital component of one’s personality and body image” suggests the National Center for Biotechnology, can bring up many different issues including:
- The victim might experience body image issues. If the scar remains visible at all times, this may cause a victim to feel self-conscious, insecure, or even embarrassed.
- PTSD, or Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, can affect a victim in a number of different ways. PTSD is “a mental health condition that is triggered by a terrifying even-either experiencing it or witnessing it” and some symptoms might include “flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.
- Anxiety can cause a person to feel sudden feelings of fear or terror and can significantly impact a person’s ability to carry out their daily tasks [Source: Mayo Clinic].
- Depression “is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest.”
- The individual might withdraw from the social scene and “limit their range of social interactions to immediate family members.”
- Their quality of life may be affected as the NCBI cites that many facial trauma patients struggle with body concerns.
Because facial scarring can have a significant impact on a person’s life, it is important that a victim retain a Madison, MS personal injury lawyer who can help them recover the compensation they are due as a form of relief. While money cannot change the outcome of past events, it can help someone suffering from a facial scar caused by a car accident seek the medical treatment they desire. If you would like to speak with an attorney now who can provide you with an estimate as to what your case might be worth, contact Ballard Law, PLLC. today.
You can reach Ballard Law, PLLC. at:
108 S. President Street
Jackson, MS 39201